YOGA 216 STUDIO IN CHELSEA
Situated beneath the High Line, in the heart of Chelsea’s gallery district, 216 is a far cry from New York’s other yoga studios, where the mats are laid end-to-end and shoes are strewn haphazardly throughout reception. Step through the doors of our boutique yoga studio and be enveloped in calm. Every inch of our space has been designed to bring our practitioners spa-like relaxation and comfort, right down to the subtle scent of our signature candles.
You can also rent our studio for your own event.
The Main Space
- Shoe cubbies, coat hooks and lockers (with keys) to keep your belongings safe
- Private changing rooms with fluffy white robes, hair dryers and natural beauty products
- Herbal tea, filtered water and gluten-free ginger snap cookies
- Shower room with towels and robe
- Treatments room for massage and acupuncture
- Retail area selling organic cold-pressed juices and coconut water, 216 signature clothing, scented candles, Yoga Jewels, yoga props and books
The Yoga Studios
We have two studios — one for hot yoga and one non-heated — each accommodating 6 students. In a bid to make your experience as stress-free as possible we provide Jade yoga mats (made from natural tree rubber) and a full selection of props including blocks, straps, bolsters and hot yoga towels, already laid out and ready for you. All mats are cleansed thoroughly between uses, but should you wish to store your own mat we also have a rack. Yoga 216 is a place of tranquility and much-needed respite from the hubbub of New York City. If there’s anything we can do to make your yoga class more easeful, from reserving your favorite mat to pre-preparing your props, give us a call at the studio and we will be happy to help.